Teacher Liaison -Utilization Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $45,572 to $69,035
LOCATION: 6450 Corporate Drive, Johnston, IA 50131
SHIFT: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with evenings and week-ends as needed.
Iowa Public Television is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Utilization Specialist. This is a new position that will be funded by a PBS Grant. Grant funding will be in place for two and half years. This position (teacher ambassador) will serve on the Educational Services team to deploy initiatives to targeted schools in Iowa, helping those educators employ innovative teaching practices that integrate digital media and technology in the classroom.
- Support secondary content areas by designing complete unit/lesson plans, incorporating Iowa Public Television and PBS learning resources, and providing teacher professional development.
- Serve as mentor to new and struggling educators in the local community. Facilitate conversations with local educators and schools.
- Communicate feedback to stakeholders and make recommendations that build on successes and target needs for improvement.
- Actively utilize multiple digital platforms to engage and grow the local teacher community.
- Conduct public relations activities pertaining to educational outreach in assigned communities and at educational conferences and related events.
- Assist in developing surveys and collecting output data, outcome data, and feedback for purposes of evaluating project activities.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major study in education, broadcasting, broadcast journalism, communications, instruction design telecommunications or other job-related curriculum, a certificate to teach and two years of full-time paid employment in a professional capacity, preferably with some experience in a supervisor or consultative capacity in public television, multi-media production or a closely related field.
For additional ways to qualify, please click on this link to view the job description and minimum qualifications.
- Applicants must hold a current teaching license;
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in education/secondary education or curriculum;
- A leader and demonstrated mentor with a desire to empower their peers and share strategies around digital media integration;
- An active sharer of content and ideas through social media;
- Passion and aptitude for innovative teaching practices that integrate digital media and technology in the classroom; and
- Embraces life-long learning, collaboration and recognizes the power technology has to inspire students;
During school year majority of position’s time will be spent in anticipated school district in southeastern Iowa, remaining time will be spent at IPTV in Johnston, may require additional travel throughout the State. Applicants must be willing to work evening and week-ends as needed. Applicant must hold a valid driver’s license.
Applicants should submit a complete resume, and an IPTV application found at www.iptv.org. Please send completed applications to:
Iowa Public Television
P.O. Box 6450
Johnston, Iowa 50131