Heirloom Tomato Flatbread
- 1 ball of pizza or bread dough
- 3 ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup pitted olives, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons freshly ground parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil
Take one ball of dough and flatten it with your hands on a slightly floured work surface. Starting at the center and working outwards, use your fingertips or rolling pin to press the dough to 1/4-inch thick. Place rolled dough onto a lightly floured baking pan.
Thinly slice ripened tomatoes. Place sliced tomatoes onto the bread dough. Add chopped basil. Season lightly with salt. Add pitted black olives and freshly ground parmesan cheese to taste. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
Bake in oven at 500 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.