Lemon Pepper Grilled Rainbow Trout
1 trout - Bones removed, with skin on
2 tsp - Lemon Pepper seasoning
Oil for the grill, as needed
Assorted Vegetables to grill, seasoned and oiled
Seasoned Oil for Vegetables:
Garlic oil or butter
2 tbsp melted butter or oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Tips for cooking corn:
- When grilling whole sweet corn trim the ends and remove any dirty husks.
- Rinse and soak in cold water for 30 minutes prior to grilling. This will help prevent the husk from burning and help steam the corn in the husk as well. It usually takes about 20 minutes to grill.
- Peel the husk back before eating and the little "hairs" will peal back with the husk.
Helpful hints to prevent the fish from sticking:
- Use a hot grill that is well oiled. - Temperatures will vary but the key is to sear the fish when it touches the grill grates.
- Only turn the fish around 1-2 times when grilling.
- Use a spatula to flip or rotate the fish vs tongs which will break the fillet.
- Cook your fish about 8 minutes per 1 inch of thickness.
- Marinating your fish in an oil based marinate will add moisture and prevent sticking.
- Fish like trout, salmon, Mahi Mahi, and tuna all grill very well. Fatty, meaty, cold water fish are best.